With changing times establish your new, smarter business fit for purpose and totally tailored to being built around you and your passion.
Show up, and make an impact with confidence, strategic ideas, and an unshakeable belief in where you are going, not only now but in the future
My name is Mark Humphreys and I have been in retail all my working life, gaining experience and knowledge from leading Companies such as Next, George at Asda, Arcadia, Badrhino Menswear, Independent Companies, and Brands.
I have also worked with some great people I have met along the way, which has helped shape my career and given me a wide skillset and knowledge base.
Highly skilled in Sourcing, Negotiating, and Buying from the Uk, Europe, South Asia and the Far East. Equally experienced in store operations, sales, layouts & visual merchandising.
I have built brands from the ground up, starting with a blank piece of paper. Covering all areas of style, fit, sourcing, budgeting & marketing, through to selling in store/ online and wholesale.
With my experience of working in the fast-paced Fashion Retail Business, right from a store Manager, visual merchandiser through to a successful Senior Buyer and Buying Manager, this has given me transferable skills to adapt to many types of business and products, with the ability for creative thinking to deliver new and innovative strategies and vision.
Highly motivated and target focussed, stand out achievements include.
- Gained No.1 volume retailer for Schoolwear driven through outstanding value uniform campaign.
- Highest ever volume market share growth on Menswear from 5th to 3rd in market
- Achieved sales £4m ahead of plan, by introducing new workwear range, core basics, and key holiday shop strategy.
- After successful completion of Senior Manager Development Program, delivering course work and final Business Strategy to Board level. The project then implemented throughout Asda stores, delivering a saving in the first year of circa £1m.
- Developed the Brand for wholesale and successfully introduced & negotiated with Zalando, ASOS, and Next.
- UK’s fastest-growing Men’s plus-size brand.
- A confident communicator at all levels, driven by a passion for product and success.
So, if you’re feeling a little uncertain about what you will do following COVID-19 and lockdown?
Too much stock, not enough sales ………. Overwhelmed and confused. The need to maximise sales and create some OTB, to free up cash to buy the right things for your customer. Now’s not the time to think doom and gloom, the opportunity is out there, you just have to imagine it.
So, if you need a different insight into your business, some experienced knowledge and guidance to come out of this the other side in great shape, then I can help.
In difficult times creative and intuitive ideas are often best and taking an honest look at the business can be a challenge, as it is your personal “thing”. So, an objective or different viewpoint can often be eye-opening and invaluable if not sometimes tricky to hear.
The point is that “What needs to be done, needs to be done”.
The road ahead for many is unclear and uncertain, but the creative individuals that see this as an opportunity or challenge not an obstacle have a far greater chance of succeeding than those that choose to do nothing.
So if you want to do something then get in touch for a free consultation, and let’s see where it can take us?
So why not, nothing to lose.
Executive Coaching – Cognitive Leadership
Complete Skilled Negotiator – Gap Partnership
Extreme Negotiation & Body language – Gap Partnership
Change Management – Gap Partnership
Management Leadership Program – Exec Board
Over 25 years’ experience at the School of life